Cruise Ship Injury Lawyer
Cruise ship excursions are, for many people, one of the most enjoyable aspects of the cruise experience. After all, most people decide to take a cruise, at least in part, because they want to see different parts of the world, and shore excursions are the best opportunity to do so. However, some aspects of cruise ship excursions can result in serious injuries to passengers if not properly handled.
Cruise ship excursion injuries are a serious issue. Because of the significant damage that they can cause an individual to suffer, not only in physical terms, but also emotionally and financially, injury victims are entitled to seek compensation to help them cope with the effects of their injury. If you have been the victim of an injury during a cruise ship excursion, experienced cruise ship injury lawyer Louis A. Vucci, P.A., appreciates how much your life may have been affected, and is committed to helping hold cruise lines accountable for passenger injuries.
Cruise Ship Injury and Assaults
Types of Cruise Ship Excursion Injuries
Cruise ship excursion injuries can happen in a number of ways, and in a number of different locations. Often, these types of claims involve injuries resulting from:
- Dock Accidents – Both tender ships and cruise ships will need to dock so that passengers can get on and off of the ship to enjoy various excursions in the course of their cruise. Unfortunately, when proper docking procedures are not followed, passengers can suffer from serious injuries, including everything from broken bones and head injuries to drowning or near-drowning incidents.
- Tender Accidents – Tenders are an essential part of the cruise experience, ferrying passengers between the cruise ship and various off-boat excursions. Unfortunately, there are a number of dangers that these boats can pose to passengers. If they are operated improperly, overloaded, or if there are problems with docking, passengers can be at risk of suffering physical harm or even drowning.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents – Once cruise ship passengers arrive on-shore for an excursion, they will frequently need to take various forms of transportation, such as cars, mopeds, or buses, to reach their destination. Unfortunately, as is the case in any situation, negligence or recklessness can result in devastating motor vehicle accidents, subjecting passengers to considerable harm through no fault of their own.
- Defective / Malfunctioning Equipment – Cruise ships offer a wide array of exciting off-boat excursion opportunities to passengers, and passengers have every right to expect that they will be safe while participating in these exciting adventures. Unfortunately, in far too many cases, defective or malfunctioning equipment results in cruise ship passengers suffering serious and preventable injuries.
- Inadequate Security – When passengers take part in off-boat excursions offered by the cruise line, the cruise ship company is responsible for providing for their safety. While this certainly applies to keeping them from suffering unnecessary physical harm in an accident, this also includes keeping them safe from other threats, such as theft, sexual assault, and physical violence.
Regardless of the specific cause of a cruise ship excursion accident, the injuries passengers may suffer in these circumstances can be extremely serious, and it is important that the individual or entity responsible is held accountable for their wrongdoing.
What Could Go Wrong?
At Louis A. Vucci, P.A., our legal team has helped a number of cruise ship passengers recover compensation for injuries sustained during a variety of different excursions.
Click Here to see the most common Unforeseen Dangers of Cruise Ship Vacations
An Adventurous Injury
Imagine you are an adventurous spirit who enjoys excitement and physical activity. Upon booking your cruise and perusing the list of available excursions, you find that the cruise line offers guided jet ski tours of the coast of one of their island destinations. Eager to see the sights while enjoying a high-speed adventure, you book your spot on this tour.
When the time finally arrives you are set on a jet ski and told to sign a waiver without having been given any sort of training or preparation from the tour guide or rental staff. You’ve been on a jet ski before, though, so you feel confident in your ability to operate one without training. Unfortunately, you are unprepared for the massive waves that you encounter in the open ocean. None of your previous experiences have readied you for the five-foot swell that turns your jet ski upside down and sends you crashing into the sea. You are now in danger of any number of injuries, and your life is threatened in this situation. This threat could have been avoided had you received proper training from the cruise ship employee, and recovering compensation for your suffering or any injuries you sustained is an option worth pursuing.
Tender Boat Tragedy
Passengers in search of more relaxed excursions are not completely safe from harm either. As a seeker of warm beaches and soft sand, you might book a cruise to enjoy these conditions in a new and exotic location. When your ship finally arrives at the tropical island, you need to be transported to the shore by a cruise ship employee on a tender boat because the ship is too large to reach a shallow dock. Eager to reach your sunny destination, you board the tender boat and place your trust in the operator to get you safely to shore.
Click Here to see the 8 Most Dangerous Cruise Ship Excursions
Unfortunately, the ship has imposed a strict shuttle schedule for the tender driver so that more passengers can be carried to shore in a shorter amount of time. As a result, this young driver has pushed the small motorboat to the uppermost limits of it capabilities. At such high speeds, even a small wave could capsize the craft. When you and your belongings are dumped into the shallow water, you get caught in a swell and hit your head on some underwater reef or debris. As this was obviously the fault of the tender boat operator and his employers, you should not be expected to pay for your medical treatment out of your own pocket. At Louis A. Vucci, P.A., we can offer you professional help in pursuing compensation for that medical care.
Talk to a Cruise Ship Accident Attorney
If you or someone you know has been injured during a cruise ship excursion, you may be entitled to file a claim for compensation for the damages you have suffered. Contact a lawyer at Louis A. Vucci, P.A., today by calling (786) 375-0344 to discuss your situation with a qualified legal professional and learn more about your rights and options under the law in this situation.