Tampa Bay Cruise Ship Accidents and Injuries Lawyer
You may be entitled to financial compensation if injured aboard a Tampa Bay cruise ship. You are at risk for slip and fall injuries, foodborne illnesses, and other accidents whether you are a passenger or a worker on a ship. It is up to the cruise line to ensure everyone remains safe. But sometimes cruise lines fail at upholding this duty.
If you have suffered an injury aboard a cruise ship, you know how devastating the effects can be. You may face high medical bills, miss work, endure pain, and have to give up activities you once loved. Louis A. Vucci P.A. is dedicated to serving those who have been injured aboard cruise ships. We are here to assist you in recovering the compensation you deserve if you have been injured because of someone else’s negligence. To learn more about how we can help, contact us at (786) 375-0344 to schedule a free consultation.
Do I Need a Tampa Bay Cruise Ship Accident Attorney?
You will want to hire a lawyer to help you recover the compensation you are entitled to if you were injured during a cruise. A lawyer will be able to help you navigate the difficult legal process that is required to file a successful lawsuit. It requires much effort to assemble all the evidence to put on the best case on your behalf. This is particularly true if expert witnesses are needed to prove your case.
Cruise injury claims are especially complicated because many cruise injuries occur in international waters or foreign countries, so different rules apply. You will have a much better chance of receiving a higher recovery or settlement with a lawyer than if you try to go it alone. Many deadlines must be met, and specific types of paperwork must be filed. The cruise line will have an attorney who may be difficult to deal with. For all these reasons, hiring a lawyer to represent your interests is wise.
Why Choose Louis A. Vucci P.A. to Handle My Case?
When you choose a law firm to handle your cruise ship injury matter, you will want to choose one with an excellent track record. Louis A. Vucci P.A. focuses solely on cruise line injury claims. We are devoted to this area of the law and have developed an experienced and knowledgeable staff that will guide you through every part of the process. We are familiar with the unique challenges involved with cruise line claims and are prepared to tackle them in a way no other personal injury firm is.
Louis Vucci, our firm founder, has been an attorney for over twenty years after graduating with Honors from Suffolk University Law School in Boston, Massachusetts. He has spent his career representing individuals and cares deeply about his clients’ well-being. Louis is highly experienced in the courtroom and will take your case through trial where necessary. He is experienced in both state and federal court and is familiar with international laws that may come into play in your case.
Louis A. Vucci P.A. is dedicated to pursuing injury cases for those injured due to someone else’s negligence on a cruise ship. We offer an initial consultation for free so that you can understand the potential options in your case. In any case, you will not need to pay us up front, as we are paid on a contingency basis only. If you do not recover compensation, we do not get paid. You can rest assured that when we take on your case, we work as hard as possible to get you the outcome you deserve.
Types of Cases We Handle
Injuries aboard cruise ships can happen in a wide variety of ways. Louis A. Vucci P.A. knows that certain accidents and injuries are more likely to occur than others. They are prepared to assist you in any case across the full range of possibilities:
- Accidents onboard the ship – Slips and falls are the most prevalent accidents. Slippery decks, loose carpeting, and more can contribute to this time of accident. Other onboard accidents can include swimming pool accidents, elevator accidents, and even guests falling overboard.
- Food-borne illness – Norovirus is the most common cause of foodborne illness on cruise ships. However, other viruses can also be to blame.
- Shore excursions – Many cruise excursions take guests on potentially dangerous adventures such as ziplining, snorkeling, scuba diving, hiking, kayaking, and more. You may be able to hold the cruise line liable for your injuries if you are injured while on an excursion organized by the cruise company. Other incidents that can occur while onshore include vehicle accidents and violent crime.
- Criminal activity – Sexual assault, physical assault, and theft could all occur aboard a ship. Cruise lines have a duty to provide adequate security to prevent crime. They can be held liable if you are a victim of a crime while aboard a cruise.
- Medical negligence – Cruise lines are responsible for having trained medical staff on the ship. They must have a plan in place in case emergency care is needed. You may be able to hold the cruise line liable for your injuries if the level of care you receive is substandard and contributes to your injuries.
A cruise line is required to keep a ship safe and to make sure that shore activities they are responsible for are safe as well. If you were injured aboard the ship or on shore, contact Louis A. Vucci P.A. for an evaluation of your case to determine how you can seek damages to hold the responsible party accountable.
Popular Tampa Bay Cruise Ship Lines
Many cruise lines sail out of Tampa Bay, including those listed below. Even though these cruise lines tend to be well-known, they can still have issues with safety:
- Carnival – Carnival is a well-known cruise with issues keeping passengers safe from crime.
- Holland America – Holland America sails luxury ships, but even these are not immune to dangerous passenger conditions.
- Norwegian – Norwegian cruise line has a history of norovirus outbreaks and deals with them more frequently than other cruise lines.
- Royal Caribbean – Royal Caribbean is another well-known cruise line. It has had a history of making poor safety decisions involving weather issues.
Louis A. Vucci P.A. has no qualms about taking on massive cruise lines like those listed above. No matter what cruise line you were injured on, we can help you get the justice and compensation you deserve.
Holding a Cruise Line Accountable
A cruise line that is sailing its ship in navigable water owes you as a passenger a reasonable duty of care. What may be reasonable depends on the particular circumstances. Your attorney will have to demonstrate what the circumstances were and how the cruise line failed to act reasonably.
If you sustained an injury because the cruise line did not keep the ship safe or failed to provide you with proper medical care, you may be able to hold the cruise line company liable to reimburse you for your injury. Typically, to hold the cruise line accountable, the company must have known or should have known about the dangerous conditions on the ship and failed to take proper steps to fix them. Your attorney must prove that the dangerous conditions caused you a serious injury. An experienced cruise ship lawyer will consult with you about the facts of your case to determine whether the cruise line failed in its obligation to keep you safe.
Compensation in a Cruise Ship Accident Case
When you are injured aboard a cruise ship, you must make the cruise line aware of your injuries. You may be able to recover compensation from the cruise line for your medical expenses, lost wages, and physical and psychological pain and suffering. Medical expenses include all types of expenditures, such as doctor visits, stays in the hospital, surgeries, other medical procedures, prescription medication, and physical therapy.
It is important to note that cruise lines should have medical staff on board. Your injuries may worsen if you are not treated properly by the medical staff. This could be an additional basis to recover compensation for further medical expenses, missed work, and additional pain and suffering you may not have otherwise suffered. A trained member of our staff can discuss your case with you and help you understand all the types of compensation you may be entitled to recover.
You may be entitled to financial compensation if you or a loved one has been injured on a cruise. This is true whether while the ship was sailing or in a port. We eagerly await your call so that we can discuss the potential of your case and the types of compensation you may be able to receive, such as reimbursement for medical expenses, lost wages, and payment for pain and suffering. Do not hesitate to contact us today at (786) 375-0344 or chat live with us on this website.